Pages

Saturday, December 1, 2012

My November

November wasn't so good to me. The family lost two of our loved ones, our Nanay ( my aunt ) and in less than a month, her son followed. Everyone in the family felt the gloom. Despite of the bad fortune, we find comfort in the thought that they are now reunited and that two new angels are watching over the family. 

When someone dies, family and friends come together to lament and to celebrate the life of the departed. It is a moment to share the memories and an opportunity to get a family reunion. My trip to Davao was a bittersweet experience. I went there for the wake and interment , and at the same time I get to be reunited with my family that I haven't spent time with for the longest time. Everyone was very warm and hospitable. Truly, family is where the heart is. 

After the interment , they showed me around Davao City. It was a blast! 

Welcome to Jack's Ridge, located at one of the high peaks of the city.
Replica of a Japanese plane that crashed during the war.

Looking over a memorial park.
This one looks like and arena of the olden days. I wouldn't mind getting married here.  * wink






Madayaw!

* " Madayaw " , from the Dabawenyo word "dayaw", meaning good, valuable, superior or beautiful. (source )


3 comments: